Sep 16, 2011

Boys Bedroom Closet Remodel

During the original demo I had the boys bedroom closets removed.  They had the typical God awful bi-fold doors that never work. The interiors were made from particle board melamine and each had a wood clothes pole. I contacted my old partner from the woodworking company and asked him to fabricate new interiors from pre-finished Maple plywood. I also wanted some type of wood door that would contrast the stark white walls. My first thought was Birch. I have seen Birch used in many mid century homes, for cabinetry, paneling and especially doors. I was able to get 8 Birch doors that had the same veneer on all the faces. I also splurged and bought solid brass Olive Knuckle hinges. As you can see in the photos the symmetry of the grain really makes a statement.



Previous owners stuff

After Demo


New Birch Doors


No comments:

Post a Comment