Sep 16, 2011

Wallpaper Hanging

The closets have been framed and sheet rocked and the new window has been installed. I primed and painted the walls in a Matte finish using Benjamin Moore's Decorators White. The hallway is long and narrow so I wanted to do something below the new window.  I thought of painting it a separate color but that seemed boring.  I wanted some kind of visual interest against the white walls.  Looking through Dwell Magazine I saw an ad for mid century wallpaper.  I checked out the site for Bradbury & Bradbury, http://www.bradbury.com/sixties.html, and ordered a bunch of samples.  They were all awesome, but I finally decided on the The Mod Generation, Grete pattern. Having never hung wallpaper I was a bit nervous about the project.  I followed the instructions and was patient and careful in the prep.  To my surprise it went on without any problems.  I am now considering wallpaper for the boys bedrooms.




Wallpaper tools
2 sheets up


































Finished product

No comments:

Post a Comment